|Position Title:||Salary:||Religious Denomination:||Location:|
|full listing||part time music director/organist||UCC||Weymouth, MA|
|full listing||part time music director, organist, bell director 10 hrs. $17K-$19K||Congregational (UCC)||Leominster, MA|
|full listing||part time pianist/organist 8-12 hrs. $7K – $12K||Federated church (UCC/UUA)||Berlin, MA|
Kevin Murphy, Jobs Postings Editor
(Listing fee of $20.00 publishes listing for a duration of 4 months.)
Checks payable to: Worcester Chapter AGO, P.O. Box 20208, Worcester, MA 01602
- Contact your local area chapter(s) to get your opening listed. Most publish openings online. In cases of a large church position, an ad is placed in the national Guild magazine, The American Organist.
- Select your hiring advisory committee carefully, with a wide range of perspectives and skills. Many of the members should be musically conversant and able to judge musical performance and conducting.
- Determine your church music ministry mission, scope, needs, job description, salary ranges, etc.
- Determine your interviewing process, including thorough auditions and discussion interviews.
- We recommend that you list your openings not only with Worcester, but also other local chapters: (click on chapter name below to view their listings)
- Organists/directors are very much interested in the size/number/capabilities of the choirs, details about the instruments (organ/piano/handbells/percussion/etc.), number of weekly and extra services, and working relationships with ministers and staff.
Victoria Wagner (Phone: 617-522-0510, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Janet Hunt, Placement Coordinator (E-Mail: email@example.com)
Martha Sienkiewicz, Dean
Becky Isaacson, Placement Coordinator (Phone: 413-567-7659, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
No current information available.
(LAST UPDATED 03/20/2014)
The Old South Union Congregational Church, of Weymouth, Massachusetts,
is seeking a part-time Director of Music (10–12 hours per week)
to oversee organ and choral music for worship services and special occasions.
Old South is a large, vibrant and growing church on the South Shore
with a history of exceptional organ and choir music of many styles.
We seek a candidate with prior experience as Music Director.
The candidate should have knowledge of choral and organ literature
and the ability to play the organ and piano at an advanced level.
The senior choir numbers 30-40 and the instrument is an Austin organ, Opus 2739
with 3 manuals, 31 ranks and antiphonal stops.
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
1. Coordinates organ and choral music appropriate to the liturgical calendar for performance at weekly and additional services.
2. Direct and play at weekly worship services.
3. Coordinate and oversee rehearsals, direct and accompany the Senior Choir and summer soloists.
4. Provide leadership and support for all aspects of music at the church, including supporting the Youth Choir Director and the choir section leaders.
The salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s education and experience.
Please send inquiries and resumes to Lauri MacKinnon.
Posted: 2013-11-22 KFM
Organ: Steere & Turner, Op 70, 1873, possibly the largest Steere and Turner instrument in existence today.
28 stops, 2 manuals, and 33 ranks.
Piano: Baby grand in sanctuary.
Responsibilities: Up to 10 hours per week. 9:30 A.M. worship with adult choir.
Sr. Choir rehearsal one evening per week plus before worship service September-May.
Jr. Choir rehearsal following church service each Sunday during the school year.
Work with bell choir.
Play for special services of worship including but not limited to Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday.
Select organ music for worship, hymns selected by pastor. Weddings and Funerals will be compensated separately.
Salary: $17-19K including Social Security. Vacation and Sick Days.
Contact: Please send cover letter, resume, and references to:
Janel Milner sweeney.OG@verizon.net 978-660-8843 and/or
Pilgrim Congregational Church
26 West Street
Leominster, MA 01453 1-978-534-5164
e-mail at email@example.com
Posted: 2014-02-02 KFM
Expires: 2014-06-02 KFM
The First Parish Church of Berlin, MA is a federated UCC/UUA church
with a small but active congregation committed to working toward a
more just and compassionate community in our town of Berlin and in
the wider world. We are in the process of a major expansion to our
music program. We are looking for a candidate with enthusiasm for
developing new programs, including sacred and secular music beyond
worship. Our Organist/Pianist will provide service music on Sunday
morning (prelude/postlude/hymns/accompanying our choir’s anthems and
responses) and for the usual additional services in the course of the
church year (Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Solstices, etc), as well
as accompanying the choir during our mid-week choir rehearsals
September-June. We have a talented choir director (M.M. Choral
Conducting), and our choir is all volunteer SATB with strong
leadership in all parts. We enjoy a range of musical styles, and
there is frequent collaboration between our accompanist and other
instrumentalists and soloists in addition to our choir. We seek a
creative, upbeat and friendly individual who enjoys working with
amateur as well as professional musicians. Our instruments are a
Rodgers 145 organ and a Samick upright piano. There are opportunities
for additional compensation from occasional weddings and funerals.
We are located near Routes 495 and 290, easily accessible by car.
This is a year-round position with 5 weeks flexible vacation time,
8-12 hours/week (2-hour choir rehearsal, 2-hour Sunday morning choir
warm up and service, personal practice time, and additional new programs
to be determined). The salary is $7,000-$12,000, depending on skill
Desired Start Date: As early as May 1, 2014
Send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Audrey McNickol at
Posted: 2014-03-20 KFM